What Are Hormones?
Hormones are chemicals your body produces to control almost every aspects of its daily functions. Some people are surprised to learn what an all-encompassing effect hormones have on the body, as hormones are responsible for practically everything. For example, hormones impact your...
- Weight gain
- Pregnancy (and ability to conceive)
- Immune system
- Cognitive function
- Sex drive
- Energy level
- Menstrual cycles
- Stress level
The list goes on and on. There is practically no end to the list of ways hormones can affect you physically, emotionally, and mentally. Maintaining a proper hormonal balance is essential in order to stay healthy overall.
Nutrition Tips For A Healthy Hormonal Balance
We've established that maintaining a proper hormonal balance is essential, but how can you go about doing that? Our bodies are naturally equipped to produce and balance hormones properly, but it requires proper nutrition in order to do it. Here are a few tips to help you promote overall hormonal health.
- Eat Healthy Fats (coconut oil, olive oil, real butter, etc)
- Limit Caffeine Intake
- Make Sleep A Priority
- Eat A Variety Of Fruits And Vegetables Daily
- Consume Natural Probiotics (yogurt, kombucha, kefir, kimchi, sauerkraut, etc)
- Up Vitamin D Intake (fortified milk, fortified orange juice, mushrooms, salmon, etc)
- Avoid Toxic Chemicals (see our earlier blog post about everyday products that contain harsh chemicals)
- Eat High-Fiber Foods (beans, whole grains, vegetables, etc)
- Limit Alcohol Intake
- Get Plenty Of Protein
- Eat Cruciferous Vegetables (kale, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, etc)
The Lime Can Help You Balance Your Hormones!
Hormonal balance is something we often take for granted - we don't think anything of it when everything is working properly, but we become instantly aware (and upset) when something goes awry. If you are experiencing difficulties with any of the areas your hormonal balance impacts and are looking for options, our Lake of the Ozarks compounding pharmacy is here for you.
Balancing your nutrition with the eleven tips we discussed is enormously beneficial, but there are ways to augment your hormonal health. Our bioidentical hormone therapy (BHRT) services have helped hundreds of men and women balance their hormones and improve their overall physical, mental, and emotional health. For more information on how BHRT may be able to help you, visit our website or call us directly at 573-964-6786.
8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Feel As Good On The Inside As You Do On The Outside!
111 Crossings West, Suite 6
PO Box 2145
Lake Ozark, MO 65049
8:00 AM - 6:00 PM