Tips to Stay Healthy This Labor Day Weekend
1. Choose your foods wisely.
Consider grilling veggies, such as asparagus, zucchini, corn, peppers, onions, and portobello mushrooms. These can be great grilling choices to have as a side choice or even as part of a kebab, instead of fatty red meats. If you want a meat, try choosing some leaner choices, such as chicken breasts, salmon, tuna, or shrimp as some healthier alternatives to the fattier meat choices.
2. Be active and get moving.
If you do plan on indulging in some decadent, but fattier foods, you can try planning more physical activities this weekend. You can try:
- going for a swim or organizing water games at the pool
- riding your bike or walking to a Labor Day destination if it's not outside of walking distance
- if feasible, you could organize a family sand volley ball game or frisbee tournament
- look into some local races such as a 5K. Many of these tend to take place around the holidays and this could make for a fun family activity.
3. Keep your foods safe from contamination.
Just make sure that when preparing your food, you keep the raw meat away from foods that are meant to be served cold, such as fruits or other dishes such as potato salad. Keep a meat thermometer handy. This can help ensure that all your meats are cooked thoroughly. Perishable foods should not be left out not too long. Try not to leave foods sitting out longer than 2 hours. If it's hotter than 90 degrees outside, try not to leave the perishable foods out longer than 1 hour.
We hope these tips help you this Labor Day Weekend. Our compounding pharmacy at the Lake of the Ozarks, Lime in the Coconut wants to wish everyone a SAFE, but FUN Labor Day Weekend. It can also be good for your health just to take a weekend to unplug and enjoy time with your family and friends this weekend. Don't take this time for granted, take a break from technology, put down the phones, ipads, and laptops and have fun this weekend.
Feel As Good On The Inside As You Do On The Outside!
111 Crossings West, Suite 6
PO Box 2145
Lake Ozark, MO 65049
8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
8:00 AM - 6:00 PM